Roundup of Favorites 003: Really Digging these Products Today - My Designs
In keeping with the growing tradition of showing what I'm in love with on a random day in this blog, I really dig these designs today. Maybe you'll like them too! You can click the images of the photos to be taken to the shop where they're available for purchase. Lower in the page I've written little blurbs about each; you'll find links there too.
A Few Notes About the Merchandise in this Group
- This postcard features a digital art design I created on the fly a few nights ago. The worst part is that I made a really novice mistake and wrote over the file with another design. So I don't have the original artwork on my computer. I can design hundreds - maybe thousands - of different products with this design using Zazzle, but right now, not through anyone else. Why does that bother me so much? a) Mild OCD tendencies, b) I really want this design on a kimono wrap from Art of Where. One day I'm sure I'll cave and see what Zazzle can do to help me get my hands on the high resolution version of the art. For now, I'll just buy some postcards like these to keep it fresh in my mind.
- A mug with the same artwork as the postcard. I have several of my designs printed on mugs but don't think I won't eventually cave and get this one, too. Because pretty!
- Maybe you have some friends turning 50 soon? This coozie is a fun gift or party favor for the Fifty & Fabulous party!
- Last year my honey bought me a sweet little Wacom tablet to try out and see what I could do. This postage stamp is printed with the results of one of the earlier things I did with it. All the circles make me happy. I always think what if river rocks and constellations had a baby.
- Another of the tiny, square notes I design on business cards, this one says Thank You on the front. It features a rich pink watercolor background with a subtle, organic mandala over it. I wrote more about a set of these over here.
- Somehow this specific design of leggings - out of something like 69 pairs in my Zazzle store alone - became one of two that ended up on the right radar. I've sold 3 pairs of this one. In fact it's one of two different pairs that keeps showing up in my list of royalties. Fun and whimsical and simple. Thank you to those buyers!
- Another of the friendly cards for leaving notes. This one has a purple and blue abstract watercolor background.
- I kept running into merchandise that said "I am silently correcting your grammar" and one day after a friend who is also a client and I had talked and I'd explained something to her having to do with an improved way to word something on her forthcoming blog post, I realized the original phrase really bugged me. I added the thought of morning snark without coffee and came up with this: "I am not silently correcting your grammar. I just need more coffee and then I'll explain how you need to fix it." The phrase and the design printed on this mug, specifically, made me much happier than the original and my clientfriend who happens to have dyslexia agreed with me. The first sentiment isn't at all friendly, but this one works brilliantly! Yay English majors!